When Frozen Mud Rules


Photo credit: Scott Cain

Where does one go
When Frozen mud rules

I am powerless
From Helmikuu I make a fanfareless departure

To survive the trip my sanity relies on a deity greater than the god of Mars
The transit includes a port called Solmonath

To get there without you I leave my soul to God
This is a return to sailing and war

I am not afraid of my cargo, or morality
My journey includes a visit to an international deity named minerva

I need to tell her how wrong I was
I should not have accepted milk from the wolf

Pray for God to remove these defects
And the waves and mud will eat me

I’m scared of the wolf who is only happy for an hour or mostly more
And I am such a lousy mariner

So I write a list of those whom I have harmed
There are two. God and myself, but mostly myself

My destination is Veneralia
And unfortunately I can not stay

In the church owned by a political party
It is tempting but nobody likes the ravings of a drunk

Maybe God does, but it only feels right when I’m alone and lucid
This is my message in a bottle

It is all I can do to escape my excuses

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maisie drives 2024 spring break trip

The brap I had been looking for

In the dreams of kissers who never kiss, I dreamt of a kiss that never happened