Sunday morning in August

 

I told myself to ignore the bright sunshine 

At a table on a deck my seat in the warm summer sun 

I listen to waves softly lap against the shore.


I told myself to ignore how hot I felt

From the woods to my back a cool breeze touches my neck 

I listen to the quiet 


I told myself to squelch the creeping feeling of a hangover 

In my hand a fresh cup of black coffee 

I listen to the cheerful clank of halyards against aluminum masts


I told my self to ignore the problems of my life

In front of me two dogs roll and play in the grass at my feet

I listen to a loon in the distance


I told my self to be grateful 

This is a moment is denied to many 

I listen to the sounds of a warm summer morning


Photo credit: Scott Cain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maisie drives 2024 spring break trip

The brap I had been looking for

In the dreams of kissers who never kiss, I dreamt of a kiss that never happened