What the hell is he doing today?

I don’t have time. 


I serious have a bad case of to much to do and no time. I miss you and I miss creative projects. 


I want to connect with you. I am worried that me being me is not enough to reveal my true affection for you. Are in need, can I not see or understand it? Most of all I worry that I have been content to focus on the task before me, and not those dear to me.


Last month I took a job an hour and fifteen minutes from my house. Turns out it was more than I bargained for. Five days a week I drive to work, I work, I drive home from work, I help with dinner, make short conversation with my family, then to bed and repeat. This is my life. It is by no means awful. I love what I do, I love my family, and I love my alone time during my drive to and fro. However, this schedule leaves me famished for creativity, and starved for connection with you.


So here is a little something. A lunch break something, a photo essay called “What the hell is he doing today?”. It is a daily photo posted to social media for each of the 31 days in March. My inspiration, a photo essay I did 11 years ago named “Twenty Eight Days” . As with the latter it all starts with an emotion based outline distilled into as few words as possible. Maybe it’s a poem, I don’t know.


At lunch 

I thought about the child seen in your eyes 

The twinkle had made me smile

How adorable you are

Although you may not appreciate it

I desperately want to hug you

However as it is these things are inappropriate in the checkout line

And I began to feel remorse 

For spending much time alone

Would you never know how much I love you

It seems all our eyes are strangers when they meet


The simple rules are as follow: at lunch, one original image taken by me per day, only images captured by my iPhone, and only images relevant to what has consumed my day. The project and the outline are about the idea of sharing. What I want to tell you is that I had forgotten how important sharing your life with those around you. 


The purpose of my small creative outlet is to make a micro contribution to the fabric of your day. I hope you find it worthy. 



Photo credit: Scott Cain "Attic Rat"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maisie drives 2024 spring break trip

The brap I had been looking for

In the dreams of kissers who never kiss, I dreamt of a kiss that never happened