The poem for Richard Danniel Cain

Photo Credit Scott Cain "The three elder's


Dad passed away on Tuesday

At my childhood home I watched the planes at O’hare

I thought of our lives moving like rivers through the air

Always arriving and departing 

Our moments together always charting 

Towards our next occasion. For Dad and I it was in the marina

On a warm summer evening in the setting sun

A lakeside party together and tasty glass of rum

Now eight bells are planned for you 

And I am grateful you are no longer in pain

But I greave for you all the same. 

Your life has castaway its mooring 

Leaving many hearts in the harbour mourning

I wish you fair winds my friend and brother

Your spirit will always sail true in my heart dear father

Comments

  1. Beautifully expressed. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maisie drives 2024 spring break trip

The brap I had been looking for

In the dreams of kissers who never kiss, I dreamt of a kiss that never happened