In the dreams of kissers who never kiss, I dreamt of a kiss that never happened


Photo Credit Scott Cain "Of dreams and Kissing"



Your return coincided with lucidity exiting the comfort of me

Your presence in the wee hours a welcome gift of my aspiration

This time your face had been so close to mine

I could smell the subtle scent of coffee tied to my illusion of you

We were caught in a moment of hesitation

A mere millisecond of anticipation

Dream falling towards the other



Something might happen

Between two smiles descending into the entirety of the eternal

When the heart can only flutter

And the view is intentionally obscured

To blindly be guided by villus who whisper directions

Would our mouths melt upon meeting

But we never touch

A flood of emotions always awakens me

The way violent dreams can shake thee



I want to fall back into sleep 

My lips still yearning for something incomplete 

But I can’t find my slumber

Our touch must be tied to logs and lumber 

And you so far away might well be just a fantasy

One that lives between words and a dream state done knitted

Please tell me if you where there, did we kiss? 

Comments

  1. I am drawn into the dream, and feel the anxious anticipation of your question. This is writing from the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maisie drives 2024 spring break trip

The brap I had been looking for