What do you want to remember about your day?

Photo Credit Scott Cain "The day before purification" 


Someone had suggested that changing a common conversation inquiry from “How was your day” to “What do you want to remember about your day” was a good way to bring about a more positive reflection in conversation. I like good conversation. In fact I can think of few things that are the better. So, I made these notes of mine for a month. Here are my thirty one. Please feel free to add your own. I would like to hear them.


  1. Being lazy and reading a book during the middle of the day.
  2. Someone took time to read some of my writing today. It made me feel so amazing inside. 
  3. The big fluffy snowflakes that filled the air this afternoon. I was grateful to be working inside.
  4. That I awoke with a muse to write an antidotal short story. It was nice to have something to look forward to when I got home 
  5. The delicious leftovers burrito, I made myself for dinner.
  6. I had a meaningful conversation with my wife Pamela.
  7. I had two wonderful long conversations. One with Susan Cain, and one, with my new friend Sher.
  8. The meal, Pamela made for the meal train to the Kelly’s. It was so well executed. It felt bittersweet to bring it to them. 
  9. Time spent with my most loyal companion Cash, even if it was only to the vet.
  10. Talking on the phone to my sister Karen.
  11. The snow at the start of the day, and so much good energy that followed. Even the three hour meeting at work (Carr project) was amazing.
  12. The fire in our wood burning stove, that kept us warm during the big storm 
  13. The book my friend Sher wrote and sent me arrived in the mail.
  14. Reading the Book Sher sent to me. Unbound 100 days of intent. 
  15. Driving about in a winter wonderland snowstorm 
  16. Seeing 7 degrees on the truck thermometer.
  17. Having a few laughs with Pamela during dinner preparation. 
  18. The snow drift, that has grown off the roof at the Alison-Miller House and hangs down a good 35 inches.
  19. Seeing a new project, in a house high on a hill, deep in the woods. A cozy cabin with an amazing interior.
  20. Having five quiet undisturbed hours to write
  21. The sun. It has been since late December.
  22. The little moments I found to share.
  23. Talking to my daughter Maisie on the phone. She promised to share an art project with me. I can’t wait to see it.
  24. I watched and enjoyed the movie The Holdovers 
  25. My friend David called tonight, and I tried to convince him the yellow paint on his kitchen wall was not appropriate
  26. Making homemade pizza for the family
  27. Having coffee with my friend Mike Kruk
  28. I a huge dent in two long overdue tasks. One of which, completing the design of a tattoo memorializing my Dad and David. 
  29. I want to remember: A curious conversation regarding a fantom smell I had experienced in the wee hours of the night.
  30. Colin seemed a little more cheerful than usual. He also was genuinely excited with the idea of visiting an Army museum.
  31. I want to remember: Completing this project, and the memories it holds. 

Comments

  1. These are the memories of deliberate living. So much awareness here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maisie drives 2024 spring break trip

The brap I had been looking for

In the dreams of kissers who never kiss, I dreamt of a kiss that never happened