Day twelve 2020 Booze vacation

       Day twelve, of my yearly month long trip to Veneralia. My dry time is always looked forward to, as my fondness for the drink seems to have become a source of love and loath in my life.

Today I would love to have a drink, but my suborn won’t let me. Because it knows all the sadness it piles on me when booze is around. Although this year is diffrent in that I have not regained that ejection from despair I am accustom to while abstaining. Also my sleep schedule, typically the highlight of my liquor free vacation, has been a non-starter. My sleep pattern has remained irritatingly annoying and irregular.

Although one small glimmer of what I aim to achieve is paying dividends. When I awake in the morning, my self esteem is feeling quite full of pride. So despite my lack of good sleep, I am happier when I wake in the morning. Especially when having not had two or three cocktails the previous evening. Also the thing that has become a bigger issue this year is the acid reflux that I have been suffering from often a daily basis has subsided.

Unrealized benefits aside, I plan to soldier on in search of those bigger things, like better sleep, and a more even emotional keel. Even though most annoying of all, my abstinence makes me feel like Spongebob normal guy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maisie drives 2024 spring break trip

The brap I had been looking for

In the dreams of kissers who never kiss, I dreamt of a kiss that never happened