Twirl three times & seek the blood of a panther


Photo credit: Scott Cain

Inspired by: These are 10 depressing truths about human nature, by Christian Jarrett-Aeon


They call it St. Urho’s Day
Certainly not all the fun awaits us tomorrow
Inside the soapbox I expect business as usual
Hidden under a blanket of clouds
Sorting yard waste, and snowflakes into semi separate piles
My work here is typical, a flip of the switch and twist of the knob
The noise level in the control room is overwhelming
High repetition music, and constant chatter with your mannequin echo throughout the vessel
If this is true for you can you say it through your eyes too
I use the lever to furl the brow
Because help is needed to strain into my ignorance across the void
And I wonder if you like when I make eye contact
Will you provide a sympathetic understanding of what it's like over there
In here the floor is still moist with the remnants of a drunken folly
And the kitchen my place of ugly desire
For every chocolate in the box
Reveals what compels me for sure
So I use the gob to direct an inquiry
Maybe your reply can affect the mess on my desk
Clearly you already know of spin and prejudice

Photo credit: Scott Cain

They say market identity and brand awareness trump the contents
Well look no farther than der Seifenkiste
You may call me what you see
Maybe today will be the day you share photos of yourself on the big guns
Or if not perhaps a tour including a peek at the work space behind your control seat
I awoke with no certificate of entitlement to judge
Hopefully before the river turns green you will see the real me 
And my concept illustrations, with spaceman spiff in tomorrow land
Then you might know me best when I immolate my own relevant facts
Although Hahaha, It’s not like I have never tried that before 
Follow me over by here to the right,
I have file cabinets hoarding an abundance of over confidence
Each contain an instance:
Where there are those, whom benefit is from those defeated
And neither are deserving
But your familiarity with me is not knowing the behind the scenes in you
Which suggests your machine is possibly more human than my human
You see my switchboards don’t work as I think they should
And too my inhibitions system
Long ago jury rigged with drunken workarounds
These repairs provide frustration
Another example: when schadenfreude wins! 
your pain leaks capriciously through my bypass valves and out the gob.
Yet I don’t feel I allow this enough to your liking.
Only you could know of your bemusement 
When my OS left me stranded at Tannhauser's Troll Bridge
Don't worry I labeled that secret "confidential"
I too rely on the telex
It seems most are unwanted software updates
Do you too accept them from a friend who must be I and a good person
I wish this urgency did not complicate our understanding of the fullness 
My vessel is becoming frail from years of dancing and exploding
This philistine master is too often absorbed battling a rival tribe for the illusion of control


Photo credit: Scott Cain

They said to anáil
Switch the ventilation system to manual
And slow fill the wind bags
At ten, I open the release valve 
It’s only loneliness and exhaust through the gob
Seems my Jedi mind powers don’t work for shit
So I leave the gob lever on standby 
While frustration compels me to  pull the shades over my portholes
Apparently there is only me within me
I wonder why it must be so difficult to see
How your spin at honesty could satisfy the fabric of a lifetime 
With a cocktail and single slice of American answer
Won’t your stare reveal karma 
To be no more than a grand illusion cloaked in desire.
Never mind that 
Your mannequin is chattering again
Telling me to give up the ghost
And to push the button that performs the shrug
If you only knew 
How much I love the need I have for you
Inside this soap box of righteousness 
On a ball in the nothing
Where Your photos of the canon
May never wake me
Because despite what I have to say
Our silence was all too easily broken by strait pipes saving lives 
And I was preoccupied praying for mindfulness 
While my prejudice attempted to reconcile you
When Humiliation, became my fate of imagination
I wish not this burden upon you
Where the you inside you remains my ignorance across the void

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maisie drives 2024 spring break trip

The brap I had been looking for

In the dreams of kissers who never kiss, I dreamt of a kiss that never happened